Hexcel employees reflect our values in the time they contribute to make the communities in which they live and work better. Our employees are involved in dozens of activities such as building houses for low-income families, running races to fund cancer research, and raising money for local community and youth organizations.
The Hexcel Foundation
Hexcel Corporation is committed to investing in local communities around the world by supporting organizations through its Foundation with a global focus on STEM education, health, hunger and homelessness.
Hexcel Foundation and Community Involvement Councils
Local Community Involvement
Here are some of the events in which Hexcel employees participated in recently:
- Hexcel Stamford (U.S.) -- In addition to a financial donation, employees donate their time to Inspirica, a local organization providing transitional housing to those in need. Employees worked on a beautification project and cooked meals for residents.
- Hexcel Stade (Germany) -- Forty employees at Hexcel Stade recently registered for the German Bone Marrow Donor File (DKMS Deutschland), a non-profit foundation that operates the largest database in Germany to match blood cancer patients with potential stem cell donors. Hexcel fully covered the costs of registering and analyzing the tissue samples from employees, as part of the site’s community relations program. Hexcel Stade has pledged that if an employee is a match and chooses to donate bone marrow, he or she will be released from work – with pay – for all exams, procedures and recovery.
- Hexcel Illescas (Spain) -- Supports the Rugby Team "Los Hidalogos," which includes players with mental disabilities or special needs.
- Hexcel Leicester (U.K) -- Raises money through an annual bake off for Red Nose Day.
- Hexcel Seguin (U.S.) -- Served as a gold sponsor for the Sunrise Lions 5K Annaul Fun Run/Walk which supports multiple local charities.
- Hexcel Hartford (U.S.) -- Walked to raise money for the Church Army/Bywater Homeless ministry, which helps address hunger.
- Hexcel Salt Lake City (U.S.) -- Utah Aerospace Pathways Program (education and career development for high school students), Saints-to-Sinners Bike Relay (benefiting research into Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), Annual Community Caring Campaign fundraising for the United Way of Salt Lake, The Huntsman Cancer Institute, and Make-A-Wish Utah.
- Hexcel Burlington (U.S.) -- Toys for Tots
- Hexcel Welkenraedt (Belgium) -- Vista Sports Asbl Royal Standard Cécifoot Liège (promoting sports for the visually impaired).
- Hexcel Les Avenières (France) -- Les Restos du Coeur (fighting poverty), Temps Forts Temps Libres (wheelchairs and beds for the handicapped), Movember Foundation (men's health).
- Hexcel Dublin (U.S.) -- Dublin Shamrock 5K Fun Run (benefiting local schools).
- Hexcel Duxford (U.K.) -- "Jumper Day" (raising money for Save the Children Fund), Chariots of Fire Race (benefiting Alzheimer's Research and patient care).
- Hexcel Kent (U.S.) -- FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology), and 5K Heart Walk (for the American Heart Association).
- Hexcel Pottsville (U.S.) -- 5K Run/Walk (benefiting the Avenues), 400+ mile walk and other fundraisers for the American Cancer Society
- Hexcel Europe (Les Avenières, Dagneux, Nantes, Roussillon, Toulouse, Duxford and Parla) -- Run in Lyon (benefiting the French Muscular Dystrophy Association).
Matching Contributions for Natural Disaster Relief
Whenever a natural disaster affects a community in which we live and work, it affects our employees, their families and their friends, as well. At Hexcel, we believe in responsibility – in fact, striving to be good citizens in the communities in which we live and work is one of our four Values. To that end, Hexcel has established a matching contributions program that will match dollar-for-dollar employee contributions made to the American Red Cross after a natural disaster affects an area near one of our U.S. locations.
New Hires Practice Responsibility Early
One way that participants in our Early Career Leadership Program (ECP) learn project management skills is through a community service project. Over the past three years, efforts have been focused on children and in particular with the Boys & Girls Club of Decatur (Alabama). Projects have included building bikes, renovating the homework room, creating a teen room and revitalizing the lobby to create a more welcoming atmosphere. In addition, ECP employees have focused efforts on addressing childhood hunger by creating a social networking campaign to bring awareness to the problem and by donating, building and stocking a greenhouse that supports a local community garden. To support their own community interests, ECP employees are awarded up to $250 that they are encouraged to use to support a charitable cause of their choice.
Hexcel Foundation Scholarship Program
Hexcel awards renewable scholarships of $2,000 to $5,000 a year to the children of Hexcel employees who plan to pursue post-secondary education in college and vocational programs at any accredited post-secondary institution of the student's choice. Since 1987, scholarships totaling $1.57 million have been awarded, with $86,000 awarded in 2017.
Student Research Support
Hexcel is proud to support the various colleges and universities worldwide from which we recruit our best talent by providing limited quantities of our raw material products such as carbon fiber tow, reinforced fabric, honeycomb, resins and adhesives in support of research and other student-led projects. Some of our most recent donations have been made to the University of Alabama, Texas A&M University, the Rochester Institute of Technology, the University of Washington, the University of Utah, and Drexel University. Click to make a request.